How Smaller Companies Can Make Their Unique Presence Felt with Tobias Günther
July 14, 2022
Tobias Günther has been an entrepreneur and a CEO for almost 20 years. He started 4 companies, including Tower, a Git Desktop Client with over 100,000 customers, that he sold in 2021.
He is now focused on the human side of business and how we can make our work lives not only successful, but also sustainable and meaningful.
In this episode, Tobias talks about:
- Where the idea for Tower came from and why he decided to sell
- The benefits of selling your company through a broker vs going direct
- What he means by the human side of business (and why he’s so obsessed with it)
- How to build a culture of trust in a remote-first world
- Why small companies are such beautiful places to work
- Why Gavin wants to keep StoryPrompt small
- Why we struggle so much as founders as our companies get bigger
- How to hire for cultural fit in a smaller organization
Links mentioned on the show
Connect with Tobias
Connect with Gavin